The School Governing Body is made up of a group of volunteers drawn from the parents, staff, local community and the local authority.
Their main roles and duties are to support the school in:
- promoting high standards of high educational achievement
- setting targets for pupils' achievements and attendance
- developing a broad and balanced curriculum
- reporting results
- drawing up policies that determine how the school should be run and should be developed in the future
- deciding how to best use the budget to support the children's learning
- ensuring that school is staffed appropriately to maximise learning and to promote well-being and safety
- appointing the Leadership Team
- agreeing to the procedures for good conduct and discipline throughout the school community
- drawing up an action plan after an inspection
The Senior Leadership Team (Ms Yvonne Bishop, Mr Shiraz Khan, Ms Michele Gregory Hall, Mr Sean Scott, Ms Mouna Barakeh, and Ms Kas Lee-Douglas) and Finance Manager (Mr Sutton Brown) are associate members of the Governing body. They have no voting rights on the main governing body or any of its committees.
In order to carry out these responsibilities we meet together on a regular basis during the school day. If you are interested in becoming a governor, please contact the clerk to the governors via the school office.
Chair of Governors (Co-Opted)
Vice Chair of Governors (Co-Opted)